Tuesday 2 September 2008

Car parking charges

Car parking charges are to be abolished at NHS hospitals across Scotland, the health secretary Nicola Sturgeon has announced.

Scotlands version of the NHS is getting ever further away from the English version.

Like pay phones and pay TVs, these charges are obviously out of control. When the patients have no real choice of where they go there are no market forces to keep them down.

I'd rather just keep my tax contribution to the NHS and pay myself down at the local BUPA or Nuffield hospitals with large free carparks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you may be interested in Dr Crippen's comments on car parking charges:

http://nhsblogdoc.blogspot.com/2008/03/more-give-me-give-me-give-me.html

Crippen, an old-time doctor who continues to defend the NHS because he does well out of it financially, is all in favour of car parking charges.....so long as staff don't have to pay them!

Happy1 said...

Staff do have to pay tho.

Do you have to pay to park at your place of work?